Our clerking team is your first point of contact for all enquiries. Each of the clerks have a complete knowledge of each barrister and can assist you in recommending the most appropriate barrister or combination of barristers for each individual case.
Responsive, efficient and commercially astute, our clerks provide a high-quality, client-focused service. We pride ourselves on understanding our domestic and international clients’ needs and providing a first-class service at all times.
Marc King and his clerking teams have been consistently praised for well over a decade. Some of the more recent credits in the Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 directories include:
- "Marc King is a cut above. He understands the difficulties solicitors have to deal with and does all he can to try and deliver on consistent service. Louis King also takes the time to make sure solicitors are updated and is always courteous and respectful."
- "Marc King is a truly remarkable figure amongst criminal clerks. He is agile, responsive and understands what is needed in cases such that his recommendations are well received. He leads an excellent team of counsel and practice administrators."
- "Louis King abounds with calmness and common sense and Gary Douglas is a work-horse who loves the job and will do anything for a client."
- “The clerks are very proactive and their networking is great, which is massively helpful.”
- Director of Clerking Marc King is “hugely experienced. He works hard to deliver the best results for everyone.”
- Clients note in particular the set’s flexibility due to its virtual nature, highlighting that Libertas “was one of the first sets to go virtual and have an offering with meeting rooms in every city in the country. It has really worked.”
- “If any work needs to be done, the clerks carry it out professionally and quickly.”
- “Their clerking is very good.”
- Director of clerking Marc King is “super – he is always contactable, day or night, he is very proactive and his networking is great as well.”
- “Marc King knows the importance of face to face contact with clients.”
- “Libertas offers a great service.”
- “If you go to him with a problem - at the end of the phone call it is done and dusted and you on to the next problem.”
- “Marc is very proactive and very experienced.”
- 2022 - "The clerks are very efficient and helpful." Marc King, a man of longstanding reputation, is the senior clerk. Members at the set keep clients updated on relevant changes in the law through articles and the provision of at least one free webinar each month on the latest developments in law and practice."
- 2020 Crime - "Head clerk Marc King cannot do enough to help."
- 2019 Crime - "The responsiveness of the clerks is exceptional. I deal a lot with senior clerk Marc King, and if ever there is a query, he can address it in an instant."
- 2019 Financial Crime - "The clerks led by Marc King provide a consistently exceptional level of service."
- 2018 Crime - Senior clerk Marc King "never lets the instructing solicitor down" and is described by one source as being "the best in the business for getting the work through the door."
- 2018 Financial Crime - Head clerk Marc King is very popular among those that instruct him, who say: "He always makes time for you and never lets you down."
- 2017 Financial Crime - Marc King is the head clerk and, according to one source, "the most responsive clerk I've ever dealt with."
- 2016 Crime - Head clerk Marc King is "a most accommodating and helpful man" who leads a team that "bends over backwards" to assist clients.
- 2015 Crime - Marc King leads the set's clerking team and is known as "a man who makes things happen."